DHLab is looking for a new colleague to co-develop and evaluate language and semantic web technology related to smell in the context of the H2020 Odeuropa project. The Odeuropa project is an interdisciplinary project funded by the European Union in which historians, museologists, and digital humanities researchers work together on tracing smells through time. Besides this, DHLab provides you with the opportunity to advance your own research line, which ideally intersects with research themes already present at KNAW HuC. Supervision of graduate students is an option.
- A PhD and an outstanding track record in the area of language technology and/or semantic web applied to humanities or a related application area (e.g. cultural heritage, social science);
- Demonstrable affinity and experience at a methodological level with innovative digital and computational methods and techniques;
- Demonstrable ability to build bridges between computational research and the humanities, including working together with colleagues from different disciplines;
- Ability to cooperate in a stimulating and creative manner with other researchers.
- Excellent communication skills in English and preferably also Dutch;
- Proven organisational and administrative skills;
- Experience with cultural heritage data and Python is a plus.
Deadline 25 October